Saturday, July 08, 2006

A Mediated World

I am listening to a song by GOO GOO DOLLS.Its called IRIS. There is one line in the song that always strikes me hard. It says, "When everything seems like the movies, Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive." We all are living in a mediated world where it is hard to distinguish the real from unreal. So its a hard choice to decide whether what we are seeing around is more real then what lies behind it or whether its the other way around.

Time and again it has completely taken me by surprise how we are trying to live our lives upto an image. The images that the media projects on us ,everywhere , all the time.
Success , Happiness , Love - just a phone call away. Those glossy pictures and amazing videos - all showing an image, thats hard to resist. So we constantly try and live upto it and then its the chicken and egg story - all over again.

So for sometime I have been making some observations about the things and people around me and how media is influencing it all. Its an utopian view of the world- Its a mediated world we are living in. No wonder a mediated world was all I could think of when i started typing for the blog.Through this blog I will express my concerns about media and behavior in our day to day life. For a mediated world also need a way to express oneself through some medium.

No comments: