Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Shining Star

As a part of the mediated world and looking to make media and communications my core area of existence, trying to get over the yahoo-google life , I was a little taken a back yesterday.

My media habits have evolved or shall i say just changed over the past few years completely. Met some ad sales people from Star World and Star Movies. Good people. Passionate about their offering. Clear on what they wanted to say. As I was talking with them and they were discussing the programming on Star World , it reminded me of that avid viewer I was.

Star World - once upon a time - was the channel I was hooked to. Would watch it endlessly. Would wait for series - episode after episode. Would get up in the middle of the night and watch Oprah and Ally McBeal. Would laugh alone watching friends, dharma and greg and Two guys, a girls and a pizza place. I was pretty obsessed with the stuff on the channel. Suddenly it all went away. The last bits of Star World I remember seeing were bits of desperate housewives , more so cause it was so heavily promoted across.

It was a meeting that really took me in the past in a way.I wonder if it happens to everyone working in media. People get intrigued to work in media looking at all of this and end up missing the same completely once they get working. Ironical but true , at least for me.

Towards the end of meeting I guess Indraneel commented its so much easier to explain things to you since you understand what the channel is. I smiled. I was silent. In a wayI agreed but I did want to say it was once upon a time.

No comments: